Windows 7 preceded by Windows Vista (2007) and succeeded by Windows 8 (2012). It was released on 22nd of July 2009 and became available on 22nd of October 2009. It is a personal computer operating system. Windows 7 was basically launched to discuss Windows Vista poor critical reception. It is launched by Microsoft. It is full of many advanced features. Windows Vista did not work well in hardware and software compatibility. Windows 7 is considered as more reliable and compatible in comparison to its previous version.
Features of Windows
Here is the list of some important features by Microsoft in Windows 7
- Windows Aero- it is a user interface present in Windows Vista. In Windows 7 it is redesigned with task bar. It minimizes all the open window when you click on Aero shake button and click on one open window.
- Action centre- it provides a short outline of system security and maintenance. And it also makes UAC (User Account Control) less obstructive.
- Task bar – there are many changes made in task bar. It now rendered as an Aero glass element whose color can be changed by Personalization Control Panel. It is about 10 pixels larger than the previous window. Icons can easily drag or drop on the task bar.
- Jump lists- it is an option available in task bar. Users can easily access to their recent files and documents. Each application has its jump list. Microsoft word’s display recently opened documents. Windows Media Player shows recent track and playlists. Internet explorer browsing history and much more. At least 10 menu items can display on the list.
- Task progress- it allows the users to know the progress of any task without switching on to the window.
- Libraries- these are like virtual folders. It accommodate same file present in multiple folders into single folder.
- Windows XP mode- it allows user to run functional copies of Windows XP in Windows 7.
- Desktop and Theming- it includes desktop background, icons, mouse cursors and sound schemes. Desktop and themes are also modifying in Windows 7. Recently, desktop slideshow option is upgraded in Window 7.
- Aero snap – with aero snap you can work on multiple windows at same time. You can hold on the title bar of the window and can drag wherever you want on the screen.
- Aero peek- it shortcut key is Win+ space key. Users can peek through all the open windows so that you can see yours desktop easily.
- Media streaming- with Windows Media Player you can stream to media files. You can easily stream to other computers as well as devices that are compatible with your devices.
- Home Group- in this feature, you can group all the Windows 7 machine available in the area. You can put them in a particular network so that you can share files, music, pictures and videos. You can also create password to your home group.
- Hardware requirements- Windows 7 run better on CPU power and RAM than Vista on the same system.
- Avoid unwanted files- system tray prevent from unwanted app and helps users to avoid irrelevant messages.
How to download windows 7?
The download of windows 7 can be easily download if you know your windows 7 product key. The windows 7 product key is the unique 25 character code which activates your window. It verifies that you are not using windows on more than one computer and PCs.
The following steps are as follows-
- Visit website- first you have to go through the Windows 7 downloads page.
- Then you have to scroll down and have to write 25 characters Windows 7 product key. Your original Windows 7 product key can be present in the box of your windows DVD or can be present on the confirmation email you received at the time when you buy windows 7.
- Then you have to select your preferred product language from the options provided.
- Then you have to select 32-bit or 64-bit compatible for your PCs processor. You can get your bit information from the option “properties” available on the option “computer” of file explorer. If anyhow you don’t know about which bit your PCs is running, you can get the information from the “system type” on the system information screen.
- When the downloading of your windows 7 complete, the windows 7 ISO installation file will save to your default downloads place.
- Then you have to click on ISO file to further install the Windows 7.
To use ISO file you have to first burn it. You can either use USB drive or disc to burn it.
- By DVD- In DVD, it takes less time to burn the ISO file. First your DVD should be blank. Then double-click on the ISO file and then choose burn disc image to open the Windows Disc Image Burner window. Now pick the correct DVD burner from the Disc burner. Then click on the burn option to burn the ISO image to disk. When the burning complete, the status description will show the disc image has been successfully burned to disc. You can now use the ISO file turned disc.
- By USB- it takes around 20 minutes to complete the burning. First you have to download Rufus. Rufus is a portable program which works on Windows 10, 8, 7, vista and XP. It will burn an ISO image to the USB storage. Then click on the Rufus. Then on the device drop down at the top of the Rufus program screen, then choose the USB storage device you want to burn the ISO file to. You can assure the Disk or ISO image by click on Boot selection drop down. Click on select and the window appears on the screen. Select the ISO image you want to burn to the flash drive. Then click on the START button to burn the ISO file to the USB file you choose.
- Then a warning will pop up on your screen. You have to click OK. Wait for few minutes.
- When the status at the bottom shows READY. You can close the program and remove the USB drive.
Now you can install windows 7.